Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Fifty-Seventh Presidential Inauguration
The 2013 Presidential Inauguration will be held on Monday, January 21, 2013, on the West Front of the United States Capitol Building in Washington, DC.
For the most up to date information concerning the Inaugural ceremonies, please visit the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies (JCCIC) and the Presidential Inaugural Committee 2013 websites, or visit the JCCIC Facebook and Twitter pages for additional information.
The Inaugural ceremonies can be viewed from many locations on the National Mall where tickets are not required. There are also a limited number of tickets for standing room areas that are in closer proximity to the U.S. Capitol.
Rhode Islanders wishing to obtain tickets to attend the Inaugural ceremonies of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden may submit a request to my office by completing this web form.
PLEASE NOTE: Submitting this form is a request only and does not guarantee tickets.
- You must be a current Rhode Island resident to apply for Inaugural tickets from my office.
- Tickets will be for standing room only. Due to large crowds, heightened security, and the length of the ceremonies, ticket-holders attending the event should plan to be standing outside in winter weather conditions for several hours.
- Tickets to the Inauguration are provided FREE OF CHARGE. Senators's offices cannot pay for travel expenses or for accommodations in Washington, DC. No other organization, website, or ticket outlet will receive legitimate Inauguration tickets to sell or otherwise distribute.
- The Presidential Inauguration is a National Special Security Event and the Inaugural tickets will contain security features. No one will be admitted to the ticketed areas of the Inaugural ceremonies at the U.S. Capitol without an authorized Inaugural ticket.
- The deadline to request tickets through my office is Friday, December 14, 2012 at 5 p.m.
- Ticket recipients will be notified in January when tickets can be retrieved. All tickets must be picked up in person at my Washington, DC office. A photo ID will be required to pick up tickets.
Parade Tickets and Ball Tickets
My office does NOT handle ticket requests for the Inaugural Parade or any of the official Inaugural balls. The soon-to-be-established Presidential Inaugural Committee (PIC), which is a private, non-profit organization working on behalf of the President and tasked with the responsibility of organizing Inaugural events, will handle ticket requests for both the Inaugural Parade and the Inaugural balls. A link will be added to this page when the official PIC website becomes available.
Applying to Take Part in the Inaugural Parade
If you are a Rhode Island organization wishing to apply to participate in the 2013 Presidential Inaugural Parade, which will be held on Monday, January 21, 2013, please contact the Presidential Inaugural Parade Management Joint Task Force - National Capital Region.